This Morning Governor Baker announced the roll out of which businesses will be able to re-open. In the plan gyms and fitness centers are set to be in Phase 3 of the Massachusetts reopening plan. Based on the estimated timeline we will be able to open the doors at the beginning of July. There is a possibility of reopening personal training facilities and outdoor workout sessions prior to the Phase 3 roll out between June 8th and July 1st.
A July re-start was most likely not what you or our team expected to hear. It’s a challenge for sure but we will get through it. From the survey we sent out last week a good majority of you can’t wait to be back at the gym (65% said Yes). Trust me, we are looking forward to seeing many of you even if it’s at a limited capacity! In addition, the overwhelmingly positive feedback in regards to the virtual coaching and training has been great. This service will not be going away, don’t worry.
In our May newsletter we outlined our reopening plans and strategies. At the time I assumed gyms would not be in phase 1 but I hoped for phase 2, I was optimistic about a June 1st opening. We unfortunately know now that won’t be the case. What we also do not know yet is how many people we will be able to serve at a time and how that looks based on functional square footage and future policies that may be put in place.
In the Newsletter we stated that we would open in phases, starting with 1-1 and outdoor workouts, then moving 1-1 and small groups back into the facility, and lastly restarting of larger groups. As I mentioned above, I am optimistic that 1-1 and outdoor training will be pushed ahead of the Phase 3 roll out, this would allow our plan to continue as we outlined. The opening advisory board is evaluating this earlier start and I plan on writing our representatives to help distinguish between small community built gyms like ours and bigger large scale gyms. We are much more able to clean, distance and monitor our space than larger fitness facilities.
- I want you to know that we are ready. 💪🏻
- We are prepared to do what is right and necessary to keep you all safe and healthy. ⛑
- We are prepared with our written out SOPs, procedures, and safety protocols to ensure your safety while training with us at MSCF 📝
- We are prepared with our PPE, Face Shields, cleaning supplies, and more dedicated cleaning hours. 😷
- We are prepared to greet you with smiles and air fist bumps. 👊🏻
- We are prepared to help you and many more people who want to be part of our community. 🙏🏻
- We are prepared to deliver you both in-person and virtual coaching going forward. 🏋🏻
- We are prepared to communicate, listen to you, make decisions, and take action 😎
For more info on Massachusetts’ full roll out plan and reopening of businesses go HERE
I know I have said this a lot and I truly mean it, I can’t thank you all enough for your dedication, loyalty, and trust in us. Without all of you, it would be a lot harder to ensure that Mountain Strength would still be here when things get back to a sense of normalcy. We are forever grateful. And we can’t do it without you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to call me, the gym phone number is forwarded to my cell phone, I would be happy to talk to you over the phone (617) 575-9348
It would be great to chat! 😁