- What brought you to Mountain Strength CrossFit/how long have you been a member?
I love to run, but it doesn’t always love me back. I live close to the gym and decided it would be good to try something different. I think it’s been six years—and CrossFit has become more than just an alternative to running. The coaches are great, and I love being part of this community.
- What is your favorite exercise or movement?
Any kind of Metcon when we’re moving from one thing to the next to the next. I may be (am always) a sweaty mess after them, but I leave the gym in a great mood.
- What is a skill or movement that you are working on to improve?
Any kind of lift, especially the Olympic lifts. They’re just not intuitive for me, but I like the challenge and that I can see improvements, even if in small increments.
- What changes have you seen in yourself since you started at MSCF?
I’m a more consistent exerciser. When all I did was run, I would find myself invariably injured and then grumpy while I waited it out. I love that there are so many different things you can do at CrossFit. I especially appreciate how hard the coaches work to come up with modifications if you need them.
- Tell us something about yourself that your fellow athletes might not know?
My sister and I once did a synchronized swimming routine to “Eye of the Tiger,” complete with costumes and uppercuts. What a shame MSCF doesn’t have a pool…