1. What brought you to MSCF/how long have you been a member?
I have been a member at Mountain Strength for almost 7 years. I initially joined MSCF because I had been a globo gym rat for a number of years, and frankly, was pretty bored. One of my friends from high school is a personal trainer and he recommended that I check out CrossFit. So I did. 🙂
2. What is your favorite exercise or movement?
Burpees. I’m one of the few, I know.
3. What is a skill or movement that you are working on to improve?
Kipping pull-ups. I have strict pull-ups, and I can kip … but for some reason, I can’t get the hang of putting the two together. (Which frustrates Coach Paul almost as much as it frustrates me).
4. What changes have you seen in yourself since you started at Mountain Strength CrossFit?
I am much stronger, both physically and mentally. I love finishing a tough workout by 6:30 am and knowing the hardest part of my day is over.
5. Tell us something about yourself that your fellow athletes might not know?
I am a trained whole-foods chef and (former) certified yoga instructor, which is why you’ll always see me working on mobility before and after class.