What brought you to Mountain Strength CrossFit?
- Juanita: I have been searching for a number of years a practice that would challenge me physically and mentally. Crossfit has the grit that I was looking for.
- Tony: As I get older, I want to continue to develop my athletic abilities in a well-rounded manner.
What is your favorite exercise or movement?
- Juanita: I like gymnastic movements. Handstand pushups/ walk, rope climb, etc.
- Tony: Snatches
What is a skill or movement that you are working on to improve?
- Juanita: I am working on strict pull ups now but my main goal is muscle-ups.
- Tony: Snatches and doubleunders
What changes have you seen in yourself since you started at Mountain
- Juanita: My body is definitely stronger, it has more muscle definition.
- Tony: After years of doing Aikido I once again feel connected to a community.
What is your favorite memory of Mountain Strength CrossFit?
- Juanita: I don’t have a particular memory, but a set of memories and it is the smile and energy that people irradiate when they reach a goal: Jorge, Teresa and Tony achieving new PRs or Jenna, Katie and George getting muscle ups.
- Tony: Watching the gym and everyone making it work during COVID
Any advice for people who want to try CrossFit but are afraid to do so?
- Juanita: Just start, don’t overthink it. Come to Mountain Strength Crossfit and see that we have people in all levels and with different ages and bodies. You will not feel alone.
- Tony: Take it slowly (if you can) and listen to the coaches.
- Juanita: I remember all of my dreams.
- Tony: I raced snowboard for over 10 years.